Welcome to Freeport
Freeport is the ideal destination for exploring the Maine Coastline! In addition to Freeport being loaded with shopping (Yankee Magazine voted Freeport as a favorite shopping destination), it also has beautiful State Parks, stunning coastal areas, hiking trails, gardens, museums, farms, history, and nature.
A short list of just some of the things to do & see in Freeport
- Freeport LOVES it's festivals and events. Weekly free summer outdoor concerts, town-wide art fairs, Fall festivals, and it's famous Holiday Sparkle Celebration.
- LL Bean's Flagship Store and LL Bean Outdoor Adventures (take a look at their website and sign up for an outdoor class!)
- Free yoga on the LL Bean town green every day during the summer
- Cafes and Restaurants
- Art Galleries, bookstores, and one of a kind shops
- Freeport Performing Arts Center & Freeport Community Players
- Freeport's Famous Outlets, including everything from clothes to pottery outlets!
- Pettengill Farm
- Wolfes Neck State Park
- Wolfes Neck Farm, Camping, and Trails
- Winslow Park
A few favorites within 30 minutes of Freeport
- Portland Maine, and all of it's galleries, restaurants, shopping, island cruises, and lighthouses!
- Pineland Farms, with over 5000 acres of open public land for hiking, skiing, biking, and more.
- Portland Museum of Art
- Maine Maritime Museum
- Walking Trails and Cliff Walks in Harpswell
- Longfellow House in Portland Maine
- Victoria Mansion
- Walker Art Museum at Bowdoin College
- Museum of African Tribal Art
- Institute of Contemporary Art at Maine College of Art
- Casco Bay Lines, where you can catch a 3 hour mailboat run out around the islands, a boat out to Peaks island for an afternoon of walking around the island, or any number of other day adventures on the water.
- Merrill Auditorium
- Too many parks, hiking trails, and nature preserves to list!
Within an hour of Freeport
- Maine Botanical Gardens
- Lighthouse, lighthouses, and more Lighthouses.
- Portland Head Light, Cape Elizabeth
- Two Lights, Cape Elizabeth
- Seguin Island Lighthouse, Georgetown
- Bates College Museum of Art
- Fansworth Art Museum
- Whaleback, Kittery, Piscataqua River entrance
- Kennebunkport & Cape Porpoise
- Wood Island, Biddeford
- Spring Point Ledge, South Portland
- Portland Breakwater, South Portland
- Halfway Rock
- Perkins Island, Georgetown
- Boothbay Harbor
- ... and so much more!